Thursday, August 19, 2010

Morning People?

So there I was, after all the hype of leaving and all the important things I had to do and say and play. So much to do so little time, deadline after deadline, using every skill God ever taught me from running, to banking, to organising and negotiating. Following the man to the ends of the earth as they say.
What to do now?
The days are long everything is new and exciting and scary, but there is no one you know to share it with on this side of the earth.
So we start planning school and everything that goes with that, eager to get into life "on the otherside", to meet people and find things. HAHAHA
School only starts in February! How is that possible that silly season can carry on for so long! I could have spent another month in South Africa, its not as if I have chairs to sit on or as if the kids have real beds to sleep on. Now this is a new type of camping experience. A good one, but a new one.
Right, so we sit January out and wait for February.
We went to see the Head master of the school  about 2 weeks before, to get all the clothing and other requirements sorted out. He then told us, school start fairly early in the morning and he would appreciate it if we could arrive on time at 8:30am on the first day.... my mouth fell open, what?! I though you said early?
Well on the first day, Lydia and I got up early (6am) to get ready as we always do.... man was that a long wait. Don't come to Aus if you are a morning person, not many of those around.
This was one of the hardest things for me to get used to, because I was raised to get and go and wake up later. So to have people around me until 8:30 in the morning and not being able to get going myself, was really a struggle.

No comments: