Friday, August 20, 2010

Learning to Drive.... again!

Nici decided to take the year off, maybe she just realised that I might really go bonkers if she doesn't. But the excuse is that her results came out too late to apply for Uni in Aus and so she had  year with me.
I really enjoyed having Nici around and we had lovely times, driving up to Starbucks and back. Nici had to redo all the learner hours for her drivers licence and in order to do that legally I had to get my license first. What a strenuous time, to put yourself in that ball of fire and redo your drivers test. Yip driving in SA is apparently not good enough. Well let me tell you, they have no idea. The drivers test is so much easier in Aus that it really doesn't matter whether you can drive or not, you just have to spent 120hours behind the steering wheel to be able to get your test done. Luckily for us, at we jumped in early and we could do 50hours of driving only.
Anyway, I got mine, Harald got his, Talita got hers and Nici got hers and finally a few years later, Lydia got hers. Wow at that point with South Africa and Australia together I spent no less than seven years continuously driving with a learner driver next to me.
No wonder I am a little ratty these days!!
So in the process of driving Nici and I discovered that Starbucks made the best Coffee and we became Customer of the week, B'day Bucks Girls and special guests at the Christmas party and later on Nici worked at Starbucks! O and then they closed... what a shame...not because Nici worked there, no the world economy just couldn't face another Starbucks opening up.

No comments: