Monday, August 16, 2010

Leaving, is so hard to do.

After selling everything at home. The Cars, the camping trailer and the home itself. We had the day in which we moved Talita from Pretoria to Johannesburg and Mom and Dad from their home to Darrenwood Village. Some things had to go here and some things had to move there... that was fun! My brain was never so switched on in my life! I negotiated deals and put people in their place who might want to take advantage of the fact that I am a women. I dealt with children and exams and Harald overseas. Constantly thinking, do I make this decision myself? Can I phone him or is he sleeping or in a meeting or on an aeroplane to some faraway place?
Saying good bye to everyone and everything, that was too hard to put in words. Over and over again, saying the same kind of words and realising that life is going to be very different. I played the harp one last time here and one last time there. The "Circles of Life" closed one after the other and then there were the ones that you cannot close because you have to keep them open for your own survival.
Someone asked me how much I cried, but I think I cried on the inside, there wasn't any time to cry... only to organise and move... move on, move out, just moooove!
In some ways it was really good too, because I could see how many people God let me touch in my life and maybe I should be a little kinder to most people as the ripple effect is so much bigger than you realise yourself.
At the end of December with the last Christmas behind us, we were ready to leave and I think the family was ready to let us go! Wow, what a great lot of people to leave behind! Or, do I leave them behind? No, they are coming with me, you cannot break that chain... isn't that great!? that chain stays, the love stays.
And then we arrived in the new place!

No comments: